Faith Friday.

Assalamualaikum .


Bismillahirrahmanirrahim..

I notice that I rarely talk about personal stuffs here anymore here nowadays, huh? It's not that I have nothing going on in my life, trust me, I have. And it's a lot. Sometimes it's just too many too handle at one go. That's why I think my body needs 9 hours of sleep per day, y'know?  I cannot not sleep less than that. I don't think that my body is tired. But my mind and heart is.

Growing up, being a 17 year old girl this year makes me sometimes think about life and the tests we face. And by thinking, observing and analyzing, I came to the conclusion that life itself is a test. Every human being in this world will at least be tested by Allah s.w.t with at least one MAJOR test in his or her life, what ever that may be. Be it when you're young, a teenager, an adult, or a senior citizen, I'm sure that you will face that test. And by those tests, I mean it can be through your health, financial, social, emotional, physical tests. But what if your life seem to be perfect? Don't be too happy yet, cause that perfect life you lead, is THE test. It's called istidraj.

That's why the old saying goes, biar susah sekarang, asal senang kemudian. If you're not tested with a major test yet, I'm sure you will be one day. I'm not here to scare you, no. That realization actually helps us to be more alert and prepared for what may come our way. And will actually help us bear in mind that this world we live in is not ours and it's only temporary. But if you feel that you're currently living that major hardship in your life, don't fret, for one day it will eventually end. In life, Allah s.w.t doesn't give you the things you want, but He gives you the things you need. That's why every person's test he/she received is unique in its own way. Cause Allah s.w.t knows what you lack, and what you will gain after being tested.  That's what Allah is actually doing to us with the tests He gave.

"Sometimes Allah tests us so that we can see the rainbow after a stormy rain. If we can’t see the rainbow in this world, then inshaa Allah we can in the Hereafter. Just be strong in your heart and mind! Furnish it with faith, love, trust, and sincerity for the sake of Allah. Make your imagination embroidered with His love and light. Inshaa Allah tranquility and contentment will penetrate into our soul. That is when our imagination triumphs over intelligence" -tumblr.




They say, "Oh, poor girl, you're so beautiful you know
It's a shame that you cover up your beauty so."
She just smiles and graciously responds reassuringly,
"This beauty that I have is just one simple part of me.
This body that I have, no stranger has the right to see.
These long clothes, this shawl I wear, ensure my modesty.
Faith is more essential than fashion, wouldn't you agree?"


This hijab,
This mark of piety,
Is an act of faith, a symbol,
For all the world to see.
A simple cloth, to preserve her dignity.
So lift the veil from your heart to see the heart of purity.
They tell her, "Girl, don't you know this is the West and you are free?
You don't need to be oppressed, ashamed of your femininity."
She just shakes her head and she speaks so assuredly,
"See the bill-boards and the magazines that line the check-out isles,
with their phony painted faces and their air-brushed smiles?
Well their sheer clothes and low cut gowns they are really not for me.
You call it freedom, I call it anarchy."


This hijab,
This mark of piety,
Is an act of faith, a symbol,
For all the world to see.
A simple cloth, to preserve her dignity.
So lift the veil from your heart to see the heart of purity.
Lift the veil from your heart and seek the heart of purity.






Source :  Kak Shea :)